Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Green Monster AKA Spica cast

It was about 12:30am on November 6th when JT's cast was finally on. They brought him back to us and we waited for a room. We were going to be there at least overnight. The cast looked huge, frigthening. I didn't want to pick him up because I was afraid I was going to hurt him. 
 We shared a room with another family who was also experiencing life with a Spica cast and JT and their son took turns moaning, crying, whining throughout the night in pain. The only way to calm JT down was for me to rub his head continously and squeeze him a little when he spasmed, as if to let him know I was still there. We were up all night and the pain was still there. We had hoped once his leg was set, the spasms would stop and the pain would ease a little, but throughout that first night he was in horrible pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment